March 2017 Training

Another month comes to an end.



March is an odd one, as far away from a race as I get (2 months from January, 2 months from May).  The weather is still 90% treadmill, but the body wants 100% outside. With the longer days comes better mileage.  My weeks ranged from 111 miles to 118.7 (PB), and with a step total of close to 1.4million, I can only say, it was a very successful month..

A few observations:

1) With high mileage, and double or triple runs some days, most bystanders will caution about over training. I was worried about this too! Taking most of my runs slow in January and February, really paid off this month.  I went in strong and healthy. I ate healthy foods to maintain weight, and maintained consistent rituals.   This paid off.



2) Many personal bests this month.  Fastest 10K (40:30). Fastest 15K (62:01).  Highest mileage week (118.7miles).

3) Motivation.  Success breeds success.  Even though I set an alarm most mornings, I routinely woke up 20 minutes before it, too excited for the coming runs to sleep anymore. This month, it really set in, if I want to be successful at this running thing, I need to dial it up as the season approaches, not tone it down.

4) Being grateful.  Everyday I wake up amazed at what the human body can do.  I watch people on social media progress, and set PB's, and it fills me with this immense joy.  So keep those good vibes coming.  I joined Strava finally, so let me know you're on it, so I can stalk your runs too!

April plan will be released end of this week hopefully.  Spoiler alert:  less running, more elevation training.  Thank you for taking the time to read this, as always, hit me up on twitter @CanGhostRunner, Strava 'Canadian Ghost Runner' or drop me an email here.

Keep hammering



Comments

  1. Unlike you, I am still not quite excited for my 4:00am mid-week runs. Maybe once it warms up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stupid Ultras start so early! I have to get used to running at 4!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shuswap Ultra

Iron Horse Ultra: A Battle against our future Bovine Overlords

Redstreak Mountain Scramble